Sunday, July 1, 2012

my happy place.

Photobucket

my bedroom is definitely what I would call "my happy place". when I am in it I feel a certain sense of calm. I am at peace. I am comfortable. I am OK.

I am a firm believer in the phrase ' love people, use things '. nonetheless, there are certain things in my life (room to be exact) that I do, very much love. I love my thrifted bookshelf which I purchased earlier this year for $12. I love the fabric (from an old dress) that is framed and hanging on my wall. I love the oversized painting that I created one evening when I was bored at home. I love my collection of books, little thrifted treasures, photographs of special people, my $5 tufted back accent chair, and the fact that this space is truly a reflection of myself. simple yet unique.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

yes, it is true. my bedroom is one of my favorite things ;)

5 comments:

  1. Hi Jennifer, thanks for commenting on my blog. I love your photos..beautiful.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hii! i just love your room. it seems so nice and quite. thanks for comment my blog. i hope you enjoy my posts.
    Kisses!
    Lou.

    www.louromerofashionblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jennifer. I can see why your room is your happy place. I love all the books and the globe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Annie-you are so welcome, I will definitely be back. Also, thank you! :)

    Lou- thanks so much. It's funny you say it seems nice and quiet...I am often made fun of for keeping music at such a low volume :)

    Amber- thanks! I always see cool globes while I'm out thrifting. I just need to decide if I really want to start a collection or just stick with the one ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love your bedroom! It looks really calm for staying there all day long. :)

    ReplyDelete