Monday, September 24, 2012

eleven.

Photobucket

today is my niece Kiara's eleventh birthday, which is incredibly hard to believe. I remember the day she was born like it was yesterday. I had just finished tennis practice at school and when I got in the car my Dad looked at me, smiled and said "you're an aunt". although technically I am her aunt I don't always feel comfortable being called one.

kiara and I don't have a normal aunt/niece relationship. she was born when I was just fifteen years old and we lived in the same house for most of her childhood. the same goes for my sister and brother. they also have a very fun, open, loving relationship with the type of closeness and camaraderie that you usually only share with siblings. we joke that we're sisters and respect each other and the relationship for what it is.

she was born during a very difficult time in all of our lives and really was a breath of fresh air. the amount of love and happiness she brought to our family was literally unimaginable. no one had any idea that this little baby would bring us all so much joy.

happy happy birthday to this creative old soul and one of the great loves of my life.

Photobucket

Photobucket

11 ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment