Sunday, November 18, 2012

new things...for a new place.

Photobucket

after moving back home a few years ago I am happy to say that I am finally ready, willing and able to get my own place again. in the past I really struggled with living on my own. while I love my alone time and actually seek solitude I am a mother hen by nature so it's hard not having anyone around to "take care of". I am considering adopting a furry friend this time around to accompany me during this new very exciting chapter.

I am planning on moving after the winter months and am using this time to gather all of the things that will fill my new space. I gave myself a few shopping guidelines...I'm only allowed to buy things that I absolutely love and feel like I can't live without, and the majority of what I purchase needs to be thrifted. so far I bought a new couch, a coffee table, an end table, an ottoman, a ton of dishes, a few great rugs, picture frames and mirrors...I love them all and they're all thrifted! so far so good. I am really enjoying this time. it is so fun to actually be able to plan for a move. I'm so excited that I even sewed myself a new throw pillow...by hand!

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket


we don't always know what the future holds or what it looks like, but it sure is fun to think about! I will miss this room, but am looking forward to putting together a new one.

2 comments:

  1. Decorating a new home is always fun. It looks like you found some awesome things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you are doing well. I haven't seen a blog post from you for quite some time now!

    ReplyDelete